WHY CONSIDER JOINT REPLACEMENT?
Today, joint replacement is changing lives for thousands of people suffering from degenerative joint disease. The Center of Total Joint Replacement at Pioneers Memorial Hospital is a dedicated, patient-focused and patient-friendly center for joint replacement candidates to receive excellence in patient care before, during and after surgery.
Educating the patient is one important element of the experience. The Center’s program guides patients through the entire process of total joint replacement. Beginning with preparation for surgery through the completion of the rehabilitation, Pioneers Memorial Healthcare System is partnering with patients to increase their satisfaction and provide state-of-the-art expertise and technology. The Center’s highly trained nurses and staff work with orthopedic surgeons to ensure that each patient has comprehensive and clear understanding of both the surgery and rehabilitation following surgery.
The Center for Total Joint Replacement at Pioneers Memorial Hospital specializes in:
TOTAL KNEE REPLACEMENT
This procedure involves the removal of the damaged knee joint, followed by insertion of an artificial joint which as attached to the thigh bone, shin, and knee cap with the ultimate goal of eliminating pain.
TOTAL HIP REPLACEMENT
This procedure is used to replace diseased and arthritic hip joints. The goal of this procedure is to restore mobility and functionality and eliminate pain.
- Experienced, board-certified orthopedic surgeons.
- Nurses, therapists and patient-care technicians who specialize in the care of total joint replacement patients.
- A full-time joint program coordinator who acts as the main liaison and guides patients every step of the way.
- Education Classes and detailed guidebooks for patients and their families.
- Advanced Pain Management.
- Continuity of Care.
- Team approach preoperatively, intraoperative and postoperatively.