The birth of a child is a fascinating time of growth and discovery. To help expectant couples meet the challenges of the transition into parenthood, PIONEERS offers a course that is designed to build your confidence, help you make informed decisions, and support you in your new role as parents.
PIONEERS’ The Miracle of Childbirth Course is designed to make each birth and parenting experience a memorable adventure. This course is taught by certified, highly skilled PMHD nurses and other trained professionals who will answer your questions and offer guidance.
Besides the benefit of meeting other expectant couples and possibly making new friends, when you become part of PIONEERS’ Miracle of Childbirth Course, you can expect to learn:
- The anatomy of pregnancy
- Healthy nutrition and weight gain
- How to relieve the discomforts of pregnancy
- Birth fitness exercises
- How to work through the common fears of labor
- What to expect during labor and birth
- What is a cesarean birth
- What is epidural anesthesia
- Relaxation and breathing techniques
PIONEERS Memorial Healthcare District highly recommends this course for first time parents. We also encourage a support person to attend.
- The 3-session course should be scheduled at the beginning of your third trimester.
- Make your reservations early.
- Class size is limited
- Light refreshments will be served
All courses take place at the PIONEERS Training Room (previously the Auditorium) located behind the hospital inside the Cancer Institute building. There is no fee for this course.
The Miracles of Childbirth Course is hosted every first, second and third Wednesday of each month from 6pm to 9pm.
For more information and/or to register call (760) 351-4493 or contact us by email: ChildbirthEducation@pmhd.org